Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Harmonica Solo

Worked on background vox with Dae at the studio.
Our voices mesh like silk. I love Dae's voice!

The Bennett studios is like a Pod. Pretty surreal after watching that Kennedy Center show on TV -Did you hear Wynton playing I Left My Heart in San Francisco?, I was like dying it was so gorgeous, You could see Tony's whole scalp moving back as he listened. Tony and Wynton. One super musical intelligence digging another.

I told Dae it's like his Dad's head opens and a third ear emerges from the top - like a musical antennae. I thought the "third ear" concept was pretty good. I told Dae. He said, "Yeah my father is a true jazz afficianado."

So I settled down. We sang some extremely pungent and suggestively libidinous oos and ahs on my tunes. Then I played a harmonica solo. Dae said it was good. It's like, when Dae says something is good you
feel your life has meaning.

They have the best books and the best photographs around the Bennett studio.- so much great stuff to look at .

They have a mesmerizing book of album cover art from the 50's 60's and 70's - graphic masterpieces.

What will I put on my CD cover?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home