Friday, January 06, 2006

Blog as Sapient Instrument

Thing is, the blog can become a tool of perception and self knowledge just as incisive as Van Gogh’s reed pen or the peyote of the Native American Church. For instance, some people have this idea that the East Village was cooler and more creative in the late 80’s when we were kids. But you look at an entry like the one below, from 7 PM last night - Hoop, an Outside Genius, brought back my Celebrity Blow Job Painting from a Baird Jones Exhibition. In addition, Hoop delivered a white nude torso for me to embellish as part of his upcoming exhibit at the Fusion Gallery. Listen man, the East Village is still Superfun. My life is gorgeoua with the signs metaphors images and sounds of Godhead EVERY SINGLE DAY, even though I’m not screwing anyone particularly famous right now.
So I wish everyone would stop bellyaching about how the East Village has changed. Just open your eyes. Artists are everywhere.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To complain
so much
about changes in
the East
Village
only gives
a kind of
power to
those negative
forces. It
blinds us
to the artistic
powers still
present.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should
regard artists like Hoop
as experts
who can teach us
about
survival.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you tell it like it is Phoebe. Everyone complaining about what was then and what MIGHT be tomorrow rather than appreciating the NOW.

I also appreciate your song line about asking the whore of babylon for her autograph - Classic Phoebe - Classic East Village.

And Yeah, you know me........ I was too there when we were "kids".

I love to hang with women in fur bikinis......

Love you!

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home